Subject: Kernel for ATAPI and Powertec
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thomas Boroske <y0001006@tu-bs.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/08/1997 17:38:35
Hello !!!

I've just installed RiscBSD from a CD on the second partition of a SCSI
disc.

I used sa110-4740 to install, now I tried a few later kernels
(sa110-4958 and sa110-4871), as I hoped these would be at least a bit
faster at harddisk access. Don't know wether they are, but they don't seem
to have ATAPI support ???

In short, could anyone tell me a good kernel with fast(er) PTec support plus
ATAPI (ethernet isn't necessary) ??? Thankx.

I've heard that the voyager kernels also work with SA now, but didn't have
any success with voy-4956 (the latest in 1.2-release/kernels, I believe).
There are also a lot of kernels in the autobuild directory, but which
of these could be the right one ?

Kind regards,

--
Thomas Boroske