Subject: xsm problems (was: xdm problems)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: KOPPKA DIRK *Highlander* <KOPP4501@uni-trier.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/04/1997 12:26:44
On Mar 26,  1:43pm, I wrote:
> > Subject: xdm problems
> > I managed to install RiscBSD 1.2 with several sets! So far so good! It
> > works quite stable unless I start the X-System.
> >
> > First I can't get xdm to work properly. I get the login screen, but
> > login in is not possible. After a few seconds hard disk access I get
> > an error message, which reads something like this:
> >
> >   data abort: 'permission error (page)' ....
> >
> > I can't read the rest, because xdm reboots.

I found out that in fact it was not xdm, but xsm which did not work!
Still the problem stays the same! If I replace the call for xsm in the
Xsession file in /usr/X11R6.1/lib/X11/xdm/ with a call for fvwm and an
xterm it works fine!

But does anybody know, why xsm refuses to work?

> > However, I can start X via startx, but having open two or three
> > applications I get an error message:
> >
> >    warning: possible process deadlock due two shortage of L1 page
> >             tables

Did solve that! Thanx for your advice!

Gruss aus Trier
     Dirk