Subject: Re: EtherH fix released?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/02/1997 11:06:35
On Mar 26,  8:47pm, Chris Rutter wrote:
> Subject: EtherH fix released?
>  A while back, I remember one of the kernel team saying that they had got
> the latest up-to-date details of the I-cubed "EtherH" cards, and that they
> were just about to release a new version of the driver (probably compiled
> into the next kernel). However, all of the kernels (up to sa110-4958) I've
> tried still either report "podule8: not configured" or tell me that I've
> a "transceiver failure: heartbeat not found" (or similar).
>
>  Erm, so could someone "in the know" tell me the latest situation on support
> for the new (?) EtherH cards that exhibit this problem?

This was roughly the time that Causality Limited got going. Since then about
half the core team (particularly Mark) haven't had a whole lot of spare time
(there isn't currently much commercial interest in an EtherH driver). Mark is
currently out in Hong Kong and he is hoping to get a lot of drivers written
whilst he is out there. Whether he gets the EtherH done depends on what comes
up company-wise.

Cheers

Rob