Subject: RBSD probs...
From: Peter Naulls <pnaulls@wave.co.nz>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/28/1997 22:44:20
Just a few probs once again, no doubt somebody can help:

Attemping to install RiscBSD on a friend's HD - using same procedure and
kernel.. etc, etc as when I it did on mine, but when it gets to the
disklabel part of the install script I get:

/dev/rwd1a: Device not configured  (IIRC)

No doubt I've missed something else, though can't imagine what.

Despite having finally gotten round to installing the patch sets (all 3)
I get when running top:

top: panic: nswapmap goof

Cryptic huh? :)

And finally, a general NetBSD question - how do I get another computer to
log in over the serial port.  I realise I have to edit /etc/ttys, but
what else?   and is there a way of dynamically doing this, so I can swap
between using modem and this?

I still haven't been able to get X to start in 800x600x32k btw - comes up
with a display which has the wrong scan rate, and is generally screwed.

thanks, Peter

--
| Peter Naulls                            | Acorn Risc PC 700  *ARM Powered*  |