Subject: Re: pine and swap
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/14/1997 16:25:02
On Mar 14,  3:50pm, Mark P Hoyle wrote:
> Subject: pine and swap
> Firstly a question about pine:
> Using (own compiled) kernels from source code more since mid
> December(ish), pine gives core dumps when sending mail. Everything else
> in pine is fine, and sending email from mail, tin and elm is fine as well
> - does anyone have any suggestions?

Not really. I suspect a compiler bug is most likely.

> And about swap partitions?
> I cannot access my swap partition on /dev/wd1b.
> Boot disc is /dev/wd0, root is /dev/wd0a
>
> line in fstab is:
> /dev/wd1b none swap sw 0 0

RiscBSD ignores swap entries in fstab.

> and the bootloader is configured to use wd1b for swap.

A machine independant change was made to NetBSD which stopped RiscBSD from
picking up the swap location from the bootloader. The algorithm now used is to
take the root device and use partition b as swap. To change this you have to
recompile your kernel and explicitly specify the swap location in the config
file.

Cheers

Rob