Subject: pine and swap
From: Mark P Hoyle <markho@dcs.rhbnc.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/14/1997 15:50:52
Firstly a question about pine:
Using (own compiled) kernels from source code more since mid
December(ish), pine gives core dumps when sending mail. Everything else
in pine is fine, and sending email from mail, tin and elm is fine as well
- does anyone have any suggestions?

And about swap partitions?
I cannot access my swap partition on /dev/wd1b.
Boot disc is /dev/wd0, root is /dev/wd0a

line in fstab is:
/dev/wd1b none swap sw 0 0

and the bootloader is configured to use wd1b for swap.

Note - that I also have a swap partition on wd0b, which even with the
bootloader configured as above, and the wd0b line commented out of my
fstab, the kernel still manages to find and use it in preference to wd1b.

Any help or info would gratefully be appreciated.

Cheers,

mark

 Mark P Hoyle              |
 Mathematics Department    |   "If you want to imagine the future,
 Royal Holloway College    |        imagine a boot stamping
 m.p.hoyle@rhbnc.ac.uk     |        on a human face forever"
 Tel: 01784 443696         |               - George Orwell's 1984