Subject: Call for Mondefs (was Re: New Kernels)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/13/1997 15:28:28
On Mar 13,  2:18pm, Duncan Ferguson wrote:
> Subject: New Kernels
>
> Hiya.
>
> Just wondering when a new patched kernels will appear on the scene.  I
> know the auto-build ones exist, but Mark originally said to avoid
> these unless you need them, and my i-cubed card wont work properly
> from what other people have said (and from my experiance when i tried
> one a week or two ago).

Sorry, there is a bit of a hold-up because major work is going on on the kernel
which is breaking things all over the place. Readers of tech-kern@netbsd.org
will know that the NetBSD team have recently merged in a new VM system and
there are still a few bugs. I think work on the i-cubed driver is on hold for
the moment.

> For those people interested about what is happening to my news
> server, it is now up and running (and being used) as an internal site
> only atm.  However, i am supposed to be preparing a report on getting
> it ready for a full feed (again), so hopefully in the not-to-distant-future
> i'll have a fully-fledged news service running.

Good luck.

> It seems to have gone very quiet around here without the kernel team
> too - i guess Causality is taking up a lot of peoples time ;o)  I
> hope it is going well!

Thanks. We're still here, but Mark has very little spare time these days. With
any luck things ought to get a bit better when we get more used to the
administrative side of running a company.

As an aside I think I have found the problem(s) with the console code which
make it not handle some modes correctly. If you have any monitor definitions
which are recognised under RiscOS but not RiscBSD (for the moment only ones for
AFK85 monitors) please could you email me and let me know what they are
(resolution and freqeuncy are sufficient if the mode is in the standard Acorn
AFK85 file).

Cheers

Rob