Subject: Re: Installation problem
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/11/1997 12:32:28
On Mar 10, 10:35pm, RiscBSD mailing list user wrote:
> Subject: Re: Installation problem
> On Mon 10 Mar, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 10, 1997 at 11:17:38AM +0000, Jasper Wallace wrote:
> > > When you say he formatted a floppy and copied inst12/fs onto it how did
he
> > > do it? inst12/fs is not a 'file' its a 'disc image', you use the
'rawwrite'
> > > or 'flopwrite' program (I forget what it's called) to write it straight
> > > the disc.
> >
> > He told me he did what was written in the installation guide. So I think
> > he used flopwrite. (I'll phone him tonight to make sure...)
> >

> My Machine is: ARM610
>                30Mb and 8Mb SIMMs
>                2Mb VRAM
>                3.2Gb Quantum Fireball IDE (Acorn int.)
>                Cumana 300ia CDROM
>                ICS IDEa board and SyQuest EZ135
>                ANT etherb NIC
>

> I too have a problem installing BSD. Here is an email I sent here (?) but got
> no reply to:
>
> I am using the !BtRiscBSD v2.87 and kernel BSD_4634_6. I have
> now written inst12 to a floppy, and the installation starts up fine. I am
> entering the following:

What device are you booting from? It should be rd0. If it isn't that then I
don't know what it is. You are presumably using a CD of the 1.2 beta-release
(from the kernel number).

> /: Create/symlink failed, no inodes free
> tar: Could not make dev/nst0: No space left on device

Unless its the device you're booting off which is at fault I am fresh out of
ideas. I do remember seeing something about this problem a while back though.

> Once I fix this, will I be able to install the rest of the sets from CD - my
CD
> drive is a Cumana 300ia - I suspect possibly not.

Is this an SLCD drive? If so you're out of luck. (SLCD drives come with an
expansion card specifically to drive them.)

Cheers

Rob