Subject: Re: Installation problem
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/10/1997 22:35:14
On Mon 10 Mar, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 1997 at 11:17:38AM +0000, Jasper Wallace wrote:
> > When you say he formatted a floppy and copied inst12/fs onto it how did he
> > do it? inst12/fs is not a 'file' its a 'disc image', you use the 'rawwrite'
> > or 'flopwrite' program (I forget what it's called) to write it straight to
> > the disc.
>
> He told me he did what was written in the installation guide. So I think
> he used flopwrite. (I'll phone him tonight to make sure...)

My Machine is: ARM610
               30Mb and 8Mb SIMMs
               2Mb VRAM
               3.2Gb Quantum Fireball IDE (Acorn int.)
               Cumana 300ia CDROM
               ICS IDEa board and SyQuest EZ135
               ANT etherb NIC

I too have a problem installing BSD. Here is an email I sent here (?) but got
no reply to:

I am using the !BtRiscBSD v2.87 and kernel BSD_4634_6. I have
now written inst12 to a floppy, and the installation starts up fine. I am
entering the following:

type of disc:
IDE

device:
wd0            (the disc is ADFS::4)

kind of disc:
quantum1gb

number of bytes per sector:
512

no of disc cylinders:
6232                        (found from !HForm)

no of disc tracks (heads):
16                          (again, from !HForm)

sectors per track:
63                          (!Hform)

what units:
cylinders