Subject: Re: Installation problem
To: Vincent Lefevre <Vincent.Lefevre@ens-lyon.fr>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/10/1997 11:17:38
On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> I post this for someone who doesn't have an Internet access. He told me
> the installation problems *by phone*, so there may be slight errors in
> the following (but I hope there aren't).
>
> He's got a Risc PC with an ARM 710 and 12 MB DRAM, and RiscBSD from the
> Risc Disc 3. He tried the following kernels: Voyager 4740 and 4956.
>
> He formatted a floppy and copied inst12/fs (step 5). Then he performed
> step 6 (in particular, he selected /dev/rd0a (root) and /dev/wd0b (swap)
> and he verified that the ramdisc size was 1440K). But he got errors
> during the boot:

[snip]

When you say he formatted a floppy and copied inst12/fs onto it how did he
do it? inst12/fs is not a 'file' its a 'disc image', you use the 'rawwrite'
or 'flopwrite' program (I forget what it's called) to write it straight to
the disc.

--
Jasper Wallace-Internet Vision | Caving-Acorn-RiscBSD-Chocolate-Banks-Fish
My opinions != IVisions's      | PovRay-FVWM-Perl-C-Mono-Food-Wired-?