Subject: Re: stty bug?
To: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
From: Peter Teichmann <teich-p@Rcs1.urz.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/05/1997 21:35:36
This was about the problem that stty erase ^H did not work properly...

Robert Black wrote:
> Try copying root's .cshrc and .login programs (without the line about su'ing to
> root).

Er, hm, ... I thought that I had put all important things also into the
system-wide /etc/csh.cshrc and /etc/csh.login, but I have forgotten the tset
command.

But now I have a second problem (hm, I always had it but thought that it is
not so important). After the tset command the cursor moves up in the 24th
line and puts the prompt there, leaving all the text printed below. But in
800x600 the screen has 37 lines, and I do not like this. I think it is
because of the tset command.

It is: tset -Q \?$TERM

The cursor moves only in the 24th line if the tset command is executed. The
tset offers me vt100, and I always press only return.

Is vt100 perhaps wrong? What will I have to do to prevent the cursor from
moving in line 24?

Peter