Subject: Re: vilearn - Was: Slow response times
To: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/28/1997 12:02:16
On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Robert Black wrote:

> IMHO however, time spent learning vi is time well spent if you intend to
> learn UNIX because you can almost guarantee that it will be installed on
> any UNIX box you will ever use. (If anyone would like a simple
> introduction to using vi I have written one to get people started). You
> can also change the editor vipw uses by setting the EDITOR environment
> variable.

	I usually recommend people to try vilearn - its a set of
	online tutorials that runs people thorugh learning vi.

	I've put a copy up on ftp://ftp.southern.com/pub/vilearn.tar.gz

		David/abs	david@{mono.org,southern.com,mhm-internet.com}

     Microsoft: Asks you where you want to go. NetBSD gets you there.
System Manager: Southern Studios Ltd, PO Box 59, London N22 1AR.
  System Admin: MHM Internet, 14 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick, London W4 4PH.
         SysOP: Monochrome, Largest UK Internet BBS - 'telnet mono.org'.