Subject: Installation?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/27/1997 18:43:13
I am completely new to this whole thing, so please excuse my complete lack of
knowlege :-)

I have just installed a 3.2Gb Quantum HDD and formatted it to give ADFS 1993Mb
and then run the bb_riscbsd basic program and allocated the rest to RiscBSD.
I have created an install floppy from the archive INST_11_00 and written it
using flopwrite. I have followed the install.txt file to the letter as far as I
can tell, but...

Which Kernel should I be using? (Risc PC Mk1 ARM610 40Mb DRAM, 2Mb VRAM
                                ~1Gb allocated to RiscBSD)

Using the BSD_4444_G or BSD_4554_G kernel from the PDCD4, and booting with the
opetions as in install.txt, I get what looks like the correct text on the
screen, and the floppy accesses, but the text is corrupted, and impossible to
read. Any ideas why? Once I get this sorted and manage to install the rest, I'm
sure I'll be back to learn a bit more from the older hands on this list, but
before I go, one last question:

In the FAQ a newsgroup is mentioned - is this likely to happen? - when? where?
comp.sys.arm.riscbsd, or somewhere in the comp.sys.acorn heirachchy?

Thanks

--
Tom

 mailto:tom@hebbron.demon.co.uk                  Oxton, Birkenhead