Subject: Re: Mouse doesn't work after x-startup
To: NetBSD port-arm32 <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adrian Gilby <a.gilby@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/26/1997 12:14:48
On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Marc Meier wrote:

> After starting X, twm is running and four windows, a tiny clock, a
> login- and two x-term windows, are opened but the mouse fails to work.
> The cursor stays in the middle of the screen while moving the mouse,
> the hardware one, or using the numeric keypad.

I had the same problem, but luckily having used UNIX systems before I
know that they can be very pigheaded. You'll need to make the mouse
device file readable and writeable by any user. It's called
/dev/quadmouse, I think, or if not that's a link to it.

> Is it difficult to install AStep or any other window manager intead
> of twm?

No, it's very easy to install them and get them running. FVWM is a damn
good one. However, if you want them to be configured to your liking
it'll involve mucking around with .fvwmrc files etc.

TTFN
Adrian
a.gilby@ic.ac.uk