Subject: Re: New kernel sources and bugs fixes
To: Neil A. Carson <Carson@rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/25/1997 10:22:11
On Mon, 24 Feb 1997, Neil A. Carson wrote:

> On Mon 24 Feb, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 23 Feb 1997, Mark Brinicombe wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >   Ok for those of you who were interested in building custom kernels with
> > > the rapide driver etc. I have now committed the icside and the rapide
> > > drivers to the source tree so they should be picked up shortly on your
> > > sups.
> >
> > Thanks Mark, time to download the 8mb file again.
>
> You should just be able to use sup to get the only the changes, I think.

I, unfortunately, don't have a direct internet link.  I've not had time to
figure out how to do it on another machine, but I think it might be
possible.

Having now downloaded the sys.tar.gz (dated feb 22) and grabbed the files
Mark added for rapide and a few other changes over the weekend, I ran
'config GENERIC' and it returned:

../../../../conf/files:7: (some error message)

looking at the file line 7 reads:

defopt KMEMSTATS

do we need another new version of config, or am I missing something?

Cheers,

Chris Gilbert

PS what happened to the ObjAsm versions of the string functions?  If
someone sends me a copy I'll attempt a conversion to gas.