Subject: Re: xdm reboots itself...
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel Brown <crp02@holyrood.ed.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/25/1997 10:14:17
> On Mon, 24 Feb 1997, A. Jeremy Cook wrote:
>
> Both. Xdm login starts. Password goes in. X
> server starts, then xdm login comes back...

This happened to me once when my .xsession wasn't user executable, though
there's probably many other ways to keep X from starting up a Window
Manager.

A more general solution to X problems may be for someone to cobble
together a collection of .<*>rc, .Xdefaults, .xsession, and so on, files,
to help people get up and running without having to trawl through miles of
man page. I've memories of Jasper having something along these lines, but
the location escapes me...

Dan.