Subject: Re: Printing under RiscBSD, how ?
To: None <prlw1@cus.cam.ac.uk>
From: Rainer Schubert <NetBSD@dl6hbo.gag.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/24/1997 18:45:05
Hi Patrick Welche,

[...]
> Just to set the scene, is your printer connected to the parallel port
> (if so there were problems but I thought Mark fixed them), and what is
> your printcap file?

The answer is (no NOT 42) YES, it is connected to the parallel port.
I tried two HP printers, a HP 500 DeskJet which prints nicely under
RISC OS and a HP LaserJet-5L, which as well does a very good job
under RISC OS.

Here's an excerpt from my /etc/printcap file, which seems fine AFAIK,
but fails to work as RiscBSD complains about lpt0 being offline.

#	$NetBSD: printcap,v 1.3 1996/05/08 17:19:45 thorpej Exp $
#	@(#)printcap	5.3 (Berkeley) 6/30/90

# lp|local line printer:\
# 	:lp=/dev/lpa0:sd=/var/spool/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

# HP Laser Jet 5L
lp|hplj|HP Laser Jet 5 L:\
	:lp=/dev/lpt0:\
	:sd=/usr/spool/lpt:\