Subject: Re: Installing
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefan Voss <voss@yoda.in-berlin.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/20/1997 19:37:49
In message <1E2DB2B17B9@swe.gppm.de>
     Wolfgang wrote:

> I have successsfully partitioned and started RISCBSD
> but now I want to install  the sets. I have them on the
> new CDROM from Markus Baeurle (thanks Markus).

I got my third one from Markus just yesterday.
Nice cover, Markus :-)

> I  want to install them on my HD from this CDROM .
> (I don't like to use Floppies :-)) . Is it possible to copy them
> from RISCOS with unixfs on the BSD partitiion ? I tried

Yes, it's possible if the directory you write to is world-writable
(chmod o+w <dir>). However if you use RiscOS you only get uppercase file
names and "/" instead of "."

Example: XMOSAIC/00 instead of xmosaic.00

So after copying the sets via RiscOS (unixfs) you have to rename them to
their original names. Some people on this list have reported problems when
using unixfs. It's probably safer to copy each file one by one instead of
copying a whole batch.

Can't you mount the cdrom under RiscBSD and install the sets directly from
cdrom?

> [...]
>
> Wolfgang

Regards,