Subject: Re: (Small) Hardware donation(s)...
To: Dr DR de Lacey <del2@cus.cam.ac.uk>
From: Amit Gupta <93akg@eng.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/19/1997 09:12:17
On Wed, 19 Feb 1997, Dr DR de Lacey wrote:

> I have an RPC 700 with StrongARM; I take it (though it's not perfectly
> clear from what I've seen) that there isn't a SA RBSD yet?

There is. From the new FAQ :

Q 1.2: What type of machine is supported?

A: RiscBSD currently supports the following hardware :

* Acorn Risc PC with any of the following processor cards : ARM610,
  ARM700, ARM710, SA-110 ("StrongARM"). In the case of the ARM700, RiscBSD
  will recognise and use the FPA11 floating-point processor if fitted.
  Support for the ARM810 processor is provided but has yet to be tested.

* Acorn A7000. Although this port is complete, it has yet to be
  fully tested.

* VLSI RC7500 motherboard. This is an evaluation board containing an
  ARM7500 processor which is designed to fit into a PC style case.

Support for the following hardware is currently being worked on :

* Digital EB-SA110. This is an evaluation board containing a StrongARM
  processor and Ethernet interface.

* Simtec Hydra multiprocessor card. See section 5 for more details about
  multiprocessor support within RiscBSD.

All standard IDE hard drives, floppy drives, keyboards, serial/parallel
ports and mice are supported. VRAM is not essential but is recommended.

Many SCSI, IDE and Ethernet cards are supported - see section 4.

Please note that older Acorn computers, such as the A5000 and Archimedes
range, will never be supported. This is because such computers do not
support the 32/32 bit processor mode which RiscBSD requires. If you have
such an older computer and would like a Unix system, check out the ARM
Linux web pages (http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~rmk92/armlinux.html).

amit