Subject: Re: Audio support
To: Peter Berg <Peter.Berg@ww.tu-freiberg.de>
From: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/18/1997 18:19:20
On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, Peter Berg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can someone tell me the current state of the 16bit audio device for RiscBSD ?

I have seen in the kernel source dir a driver called lmcaudio (or
something like that) and wondered what it was.  I was going to make a
kernel with it in, but haven't done so as I've not got the latest source,
and am using the rapide card.  If it is the start of a driver perhaps its
something that ppl might want finishing (although not that critical, just
a nice feature), I know of a few ppl that wrote some music software that
supported the 16 bit cards, they had some docs on how to detect the 16 bit
hardware, I could ask them.

When I download the new sources I'll take another look at it, and see how
much of the driver exists.  (note I've never written a driver before and
can make no promises)

Chris Gilbert