Subject: Re: Errors.
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/17/1997 18:45:13
On Feb 17,  6:22pm, Martin J Dye wrote:
> Subject: Errors.
>
> <Release 1.2 - kern4958
>
> I was wondering if anybody could help me with the following:
>
> In the install guide, it says to type: configure - this doesn't work. What
> should I use instead?

configure is a command set up by the install scripts so if you reboot RiscBSD
between running those and running configure then the command goes away. The
most important thing you will be missing are some device files. To fix this cd
to /dev and do a ./MAKEDEV

> Also, I can only run programs when I'm in root, ie. if I'm in the games
> directory, I can't run any files by just typing in their name, but I can if
> I'm in root and type in their full directory structure.

This probably means your path does not contain the current directory. Check
what your path is by typing printenv

> I get the following errors during boot:
>
> savecore: /netbsd: nlist: Undefined error 0
>
> savecore: /netbsd: nlist: _dumpdev not in namelist.

This is normal(ish). Two things to check are that you have a copy of the kernel
you are booting off installed as /netbsd and that your swap device is
configured correctly.

> Oh yes, and the manual doesn't work... :-)

Have you installed the text set?

Cheers

Rob