Subject: Re: Latex.
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alexander Hayward <alexander.hayward@lady-margaret-hall.oxford.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/15/1997 15:44:50
On Sat, 15 Feb 1997, Ben Strawson wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Feb 1997, Jochen Scharrlach wrote:
> > Or to ftp.dante.de or to any other mirror of CTAN ;)
>
> Indeed - the world is your oyster as they say :-)

Even if thise oyster is split up in to little floppy sized pieces :-)

> > > /ctan/tex-archive/systems/unix/teTeX and may be better - I haven't tried
> > > it myself though.
> >
> > I am using it on Linux and HP-UX and I am really impressed! A
> > configuration tool, *working* installation tools, a complete and
> > well-configured set of the latest TeX-tools and so on.
>
> In that case it looks as though we should be using teTeX.

Yep, I've compiled it (it does work pretty much everything out itself)
and have come up with a set... I just waiting until I can format enough
floppies on the PCs in here to transfer it (4 computers at once at 3am
job, I think :-)). It needs 11 floppies.

It also shoves all its files in /usr/local/lib/teTeX, so I've put a
script in to create the links (since you can't do ln -s
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/*/* /usr/local/bin/ in a tar file :-)). I hope thats
the right way to do it...

I haven't actually tried using it yet, though, but tex does at least
start up correctly...