Subject: Re: Rapide probs
To: None <JString@aol.com>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/15/1997 02:10:40
> Having moved my Conner 420Mb over to the Rapide, I'm having problem booting
> BSD. (the CFS420 is the master drive, with a Fireball set as slave) The
> kernel I'm running is the last one from the FTP site samed sa110....
>
> The Unix partition uses the last 350Mb of the disc. I changed the devices in
> the !BTRiscBSD app config window to WD1a & WD1b (cheers for the info Chris!)
> When I attempt to boot, things seem to be going fine until filesystem type
> things start happening, at which point I get :
>
> panic: cannot mount root
> stopped at 0xf.... blah blah
Ok what does the kernel report during the probe ?

i.e. does it report
rapide0 at podulebus0: Issue 2
wdc1 at rapide0: primary channel
wd? at wdc1 ...
wdc2 at rapide0: secondary channel
wd ? at wdc2 ...

(the ? being replaced with a unit number)

If so does it identify the drive correctly ?

>From what you say I would expect to see the line

wd1 at wdc1: .... being either the first or second drive on you rapide
card (depends if you still have drives on the motherboard controller)

Cheers,
				Mark