Subject: Re: Unix for Dummies?
To: NetBSD port-arm32 <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/14/1997 18:08:23
On Feb 14,  5:16pm, John Wilson wrote:
> Subject: Unix for Dummies?
> I have upgraded my hard drive, ordered the CD and now need
> to do some reading to prepare me for life with BSD.
>
> What do I need?  Unix for Dummies?
>
> Suggestions for a beginners reading list please.

It really depends on what level your other computing experience is at. If
you're familar with RiscOS command line I'd go for Unix Power Tools by Peek,
O'Reilly and Loukides, published by Random House in conjunction with telling
you to type 'man man' and 'man apropos' at the command line. If you don't use
the RiscOS command line then you probably need something aimed a bit lower,
possibly a Dummies book or UNIX in a Nutshell (O'Reilly and associates).

Cheers

Rob