Subject: Re: X setup and X app questions
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cus.cam.ac.uk>
From: Miles Sabin <miles@mistral.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/10/1997 03:43:49
On Sun 09 Feb, Patrick Welche wrote:
> Hi,
>
> These are all guesses as I am far from a RiscBSD machine...
> >
> > 1. Is there any way I can completely get rid of the stippled
> >    background that comes up after the server startup screen? It makes
>
> I don't think so.

If the stippling *is* built into the server who do I pester about
getting rid of it? Alternatively, and if the sources are available,
how sensible would it be for me to do a bit of tweaking and rebuild
the thing myself?

[ man page stuff ]

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions here. It wasn't a permissions
problem ... I'd already worked that one out ... it me stupidly not
realizing that limit and unlimit were shell builtins ;-)

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                               mailto:miles@mistral.co.uk
Cathexis                                  voice  01273 732338