Subject: Re: Newbie questions
To: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
From: Miles Sabin <miles@mistral.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/10/1997 03:36:25
On Sun 09 Feb, David Brownlee wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Feb 1997, Miles Sabin wrote:
> > [ question about xdm ]
>
> 	Add the following to the end of /etc/rc.local - should also
> 	fix your memory limit problems - if not try upping 65536.
> 	(This assumes your X is in /usr/X11R6.1 - edit to taste :)
>
> #@ Enable X shared libraries & run xdm
> XROOT=/usr/X11R6.1
> if [ -d $XROOT/lib ];then
>         ldconfig $XROOT/lib
> fi
> if [ -x $XROOT/bin/xdm ];then
>         echo -n ' xdm'; csh -c 'limit datasize 65536 ; $XROOT/bin/xdm'
> fi

Thanks ... I've got a much better idea of what /etc/rc and
/etc/rc.local do now :-)

Just one thing tho' ... I don't have ldconfig, and I was sort of under
the impression that shared libraries weren't supported by RiscBSD yet.
Have I missed or misunderstood something? If shared libraries are new
since 4740 then will I have to install a newer kernel before I can
install apps that use them?

BTW is there an up to date change log for kernels and sets anywhere?

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                               mailto:miles@mistral.co.uk
Cathexis                                  voice  01273 732338