Subject: Re: System time
To: Ale Terlevich <A.I.Terlevich@durham.ac.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/05/1997 20:23:48
>  While compiling some stuff xosview shows that most time is spent within
> the system (kernel?) und not within the user program. Is this caused by
> the absence of interrupts for my Connect32 SCSI card? Or is there another
> reason for this behavior?
Hi,
  Note none of the cache cleaning code has been optimised yet this means
that any time any page remapping is done the whole SA cache is cleaned.
Is the compile accessing files on the SCSI disc ? If so then a combination
of system time and interrupt time could account for a lot of the CPU time
due to the polling.
We have interrupts running on the cumana and powertec cards and this has
noticible improved CPU usage. As yet I have not information on how to
enable interrupts on the C32 card ..

Cheers,
				Mark