Subject: Re: 1.2 Release available on CDROM?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/05/1997 02:08:19
Hello.

In message <Marcel-1.09-0201130428-0b0PaoN@pmmeier.goslar.netsurf.de>
          Marc Meier <mmeier@goslar.netsurf.de> wrote:

> Therefore I am searching for the RiscBSD 1.2 release sets on CDROM.
>
> AFAIK the Risc Disc 3 contains RiscBSD 1.2. Are the sets from the
> beta or the release version? Is there any diffenrence?

One of the Datafile PD CDs has RiscBSD on it, but I don't know which version.

This is a good opportunity to explain my situation regarding the CDs I've been
offering.
As some of you already know, I will be doing a traineeship in the USA from
March 17 until the end of August. Before that come four weeks where I will only
be at home over the weekend.
During this whole period I'm afraid no RiscBSD CDROMs can be offered by Compass
Computer ie. those I have been preparing. There is somebody who could make the
CDs but I think he doesn't have the insight to keep the data up to date
properly and it's also unclear where the data could be stored.

I do have some time before February 17 though so I want to give everybody who
wants RiscBSD on CD the chance to order one now. Please make your decision soon
(let's say until Sunday) because I also need some time to make the CDs.
Conditions are as usual: Cost is 49 DM including postage and packaging. The CD
contains very up to date snapshots of the RiscBSD ftp server, Acornet (ftp
server for RiscOS software at Uni Kaiserslautern) and NetBSD-current source.

So long, Markus