Subject: Re: sligthly confused
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/03/1997 01:56:10
In message <Pine.SGI.3.95.970126010541.13851A-100000@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
          Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk> wrote:

> I don't know if it is possible to wire or the two interrupt lines out of
> the 655 but if you could that would mean that you could generate both
> interrupts on the single irq line to the IOMD.

Why shouldn't you? There must be a pin on the 665 for that and you can solder
a wire to that.
But can the software distinguish which port has generated the interrupt if
they signal it to the IOMD on the same line?

There's still a problem though because you also have to build the circuitry
between the chip and the connector. This involves soldering wires to the pins
of the 665 which is not trivial due to its small pin spacing (probably
1.27 mm).

Markus