Subject: Dialin connections from Windows 95 ???
To: RiscBSD <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Millen <dmill@globalnet.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/01/1997 19:42:29
Hi,

Does any one have RiscBSD set up to handle dialin connections from a
WhineDoze machine?

I have Apache working well as a web server on my system, using the URL:

	http://localhost/****.html

where '****.html' is the webpage filename.

All links are followed within the localhost domain and apache seems to
work well, but I can't seem to make it available externally.

I have no problems with dialin connections as a terminal, the login
procedure works and colleagues are able to work on the RiscPC while I am
on the console with no problems, but all attempts to use a browser or
ftp are unsuccessful.

My system is not on a network, but I would like to make these facilities
available for colleagues (and myself when working away).

If anyone is very clued up on this aspect of system management, I am
sure that there are many, besides myself, who would be extremely
grateful for some sort of a simple guide to setting up the dialin side,
nameserver etc.

cheers,
Dave