Subject: Installing distribution sets
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Clifford <paul@plasma.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/01/1997 17:25:00
I've followed the RiscBSD installation steps in 'RiscBSD.Install' up
to the end of step 20 and got to the stage where I can install the
distribution sets. I've got all the sets on the Risc Disc 3, but so
far all my efforts to make them visible to RiscBSD have failed. Am I
right in thinking that I can copy the sets into my partition and
install them from there? If so, how can I set up a directory so that I
can copy things into it with UnixFS? My CD drive (the cheap Cumana one
supplied with early Risc PCs) does not appear to be recognised by
RiscBSD, and the only other alternative seems to be to use floppy
discs which I'd rather avoid if possible.

My knowledge of Unix does not extend much beyond using cd and ls to
navigate through directories - I'm installing RiscBSD to try and learn
a bit more about it - so any help would be much appreciated!

--
"God may work in mysterious ways, but he's a con-man compared with
Vorlons."