Subject: Re: RiscBSD News Server
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/31/1997 12:13:22
On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Duncan Ferguson wrote:

> > No, please please don't reward the company which has shown the worst attitude
> > towards the RiscBSD community by buying one of their products for use under
> > RiscBSD!
>
> At the moment i am still waiting for the go-ahead, so nothing has
> been purchased yet.  In which case when (if?) someone comes back to
> me and tells me to order the gear I'll go for the Powertec.

Great, I didn't know that I'm so good at persuading people. ;-)

Can you please mail Cumana at support@cumana.co.uk and tell them that you
won't buy their card because of the NDA?
I have finally received a reply from them. Mark Gillman says they were
all very busy and as soon as he found a few free minutes he would think
about the NDA again.
I replied that they should notice that it is important to withdraw
the NDA to avoid loss of sales and reputation. I also told them that I
recommended you not to buy Cumana because of the NDA.
If you mail them they will hopefully notice that the NDA IS starting to
reduce their sales which will most probably make them think different
about it. Instead of fearing that the NDA /might/ give their opponents an
advantage they will be faced with the fact that the NDA /is/ giving them
a disadvantage.

Yours, Markus