Subject: RiscBSD on SCSI disk with 2 RiscOS partitions
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Harold P. Beumer <hbeumer@hacom.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/29/1997 23:50:04
I'm trying to install RiscBSD on a Quantum Fireball 3.1GB SCSI disk
(PowerTec SCSI card) which has been divided into 3 partitions:

1) 1.25 GB partition for RiscOS (SCSIFS drive 4)
2) 1.25 GB partition for RiscOS (SCSIFS drive 5)
3) 507MB (approx.) partition reserved for RiscBSD

The disk was partitioned using PowerTec's PowerManager software.
My system is a RiscPC700, upgraded tot StrongARM and RiscOS 3.70.

Problem 1: The program bb_riscbsd doesn't handle this situation correctly:
it gives an incorrect (too large, i.e. 3297 cylinders) size of the RiscOS
partition (both for drives 4 and 5).

Problem 2: The RiscBSD installer program also wants to know about the
cylinder number of the start of the RiscBSD partition, but it would be
much more convenient if I could just tell RiscBSD which partition number
(or LUN) to use on the SCSI disk. In that case there would be no need for
me to bother about cylinder numbers. Does anyone know if this is possible
somehow?