Subject: Re: sorry for this "FAQ-question"
To: None <y0001006@ws.rz.tu-bs.de>
From: Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/29/1997 18:21:12
Thomas Boroske writes:

 > Sorry for not making myself clear. What I meant: Will there be a problem
 > with the RiscBSD side of thing, ie does bb_riscbsd support partitions
 > which start beyond the 512MB boundary ? OK, now I assume bb_riscbsd
 > uses filecore somehow, so I guess the problem is gone with the
 > RiscOS filecore problem (new filecore), so it'll be OK ? Somehow
 > from the old posting I understood that bb_riscbsd was limited to
 > the first 512MB to make a partition start there.

bb_riscbsd isn't limited itself as it only writes to the filecore boot
block. whether you can use UnixFS on subsequently created partitions
is another matter.

 > Thomas Boroske

Cheers Scott

--
Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
Joey: "I may only have a couple drinks in me, but I love you man!"