Subject: Re: sorry for this "FAQ-question"
To: None <mpumford@mpc-data.co.uk>
From: Thomas Boroske <y0001006@ws.rz.tu-bs.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/29/1997 12:08:16
In message <Pine.LNX.3.91.970129091235.30277A-100000@bass> you wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Thomas Boroske wrote:
>
> > Sorry, not sure I understood all of it. Does what you say imply that I
> > can't use a 2GB drive with, say, 1GB for RiscOS and 1GB for RiscBSD ?
> > Note that I have the new filecore (RO 3.7).
> With RiscOS 3.7 this is no problem but RiscOS3.5 has the old 512MB limited
> filecore so you cannot have a partition >512MB without softloading the
> new filecore that comes as standard with 3.6 and 3.7.

Sorry for not making myself clear. What I meant: Will there be a problem
with the RiscBSD side of thing, ie does bb_riscbsd support partitions
which start beyond the 512MB boundary ? OK, now I assume bb_riscbsd
uses filecore somehow, so I guess the problem is gone with the
RiscOS filecore problem (new filecore), so it'll be OK ? Somehow
from the old posting I understood that bb_riscbsd was limited to
the first 512MB to make a partition start there.

Thomas Boroske