Subject: Re: Probs with UnixFS
To: Juan Flynn <jjjuan@maths.tcd.ie>
From: Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/29/1997 11:08:15
Juan Flynn writes:
 > Unfortunately I can't get unixfs to mount one of the RiscBSD
 > partitions. Every time I try I get the error message:
 >
 > 8
 >
 > Bad Disklabel
 >

 > Any ideas? Is this the same disklabel as the one set by the disklabel
 > utility under RiscBSD?

As far as I remember this implies that UnixFS can't find a valid
NetBSD portion of the disk (I'll need to check the source though). Is
the disk completely NetBSD or is it shared with RiscOS ? Another thing
to check would be the swi number specified in the device
specification. Is it the right one ?

 > Thanks,
 > juan.
 >
 > ps. Also, what would be the simplest way to stop RBSD from probing
 > the IDE bus for more than one harddrive. I have a Cumana IDE CD-ROM
 > installed (it's uses a little interface board plugged in between the
 > Hard Drive and the CD ROM unit (sort of a splitter unit but with a
 > few ICs on it). When I remove the board RiscBSD boots up fine, but when
 > it's there it hangs on bootup at the stage where it is listing
 > what is on the IDE bus.

Change your config file to specify a single harddisk (change wd* at
wdc0, to wd0 at wdc0) and recompile your kernel.

 >   /|_   Juan Flynn

Cheers Scott

--
Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
"You've reached that age, Listy.  When you're younger you can eat what