Subject: Install problems
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <KLE@SWE.GPPM.DE>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/29/1997 10:36:17
Hi there,

I am a new RiscBSD user (want to be) and have
lots of problems installing RiscBSD on my RPC
with SA110.
First I reinitialised my old 210Meg Ide disc
(I know it's to small but it's only for testing)
and partitioned it to ADFS 20Meg and the rest for
RiscBSD. I started bb_riscbsd and ... ok.
After this I created the RiscBSD directory and
extracted the kernel sa110-4922 into it.
Then I created the boot floppy as described in the
installation instructions.
I started !BtRiscBSD.
Then I started to boot.
The screen turned to black and lots of information appeared
(Copyright message, Available RAM, available Hardrives ...)
But then after nearly two pages of information , RiscBSD booting
stopped with the message

panic cannot mount root
db>

I tried several combinations of root devices and swap devices
in the !BtRiscBSD application. But the result was always the same.
Only the message changed sometimes to

no disc label
no swap device
panic no root device configured
db>

Any ideas ?

How can I label discs ?
How must I configure !BtRiscBSD application
to boot RiscBSD correct ?
If booting from ramdisc, do I have to configure
a ramdisc under RiscOS ?

Wolfgang