Subject: Re: New kernels
To: Chris Gilbert <cg110@york.ac.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/29/1997 01:38:14
On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Chris Gilbert wrote:

> I agree that it's excellent work that mark's done on the driver.

Thanks, once I had all the information I required on this card I have a
driver up and running within a day ;-))))
This does make things quite frustrating at times, knowing just how quickly
I can get some drivers working givyen the information.

Support for Issue 1 RapIDE cards will be coming as soon as I get an issue
1 card for testing. Until then the driver will only support the issue 2
cards.

> Does anyone know how to mount a drive partition that's not in the fstab?
> having moved the internal disc to the RapIDE has changed it's wd number,
> so it won't boot.

>From single user mode you can boot and get a read only root filesystem.
Then

mount -t ffs /dev/wd1a /

should remount the root partition (change device as appropriate)
read/write so you can edit the fstab etc.

Cheers,
				Mark