Subject: Re: sorry for this "FAQ-question"
To: None <k3050e7@c210.edvz.uni-linz.ac.at>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/28/1997 22:35:43
On 26 xxx -1 k3050e7@c210.edvz.uni-linz.ac.at wrote:

> Is it possible to install riscBSD on a 1GB HD after a 512MB ADFS
>partition? I havn4t got the new filecore (only RISC OS 3.5), and I don4t
>want to boot from a floppy-disc.

This should work but the ADFS (RISCOS) partition may have to be slightly
smaller than 512MB so that bb_riscbsd can set up the disc for RiscBSD
installation. I used an 850MB drive and a 3.2GB drive on RISCOS 3.5 where
the ADFS partitions on both disks were below the 512 boudary and
the RiscBSD partitions above the 512MB boundary without any problems.

Once you are installed the bootloader runs from RISCOS so there is no need
for a floppy boot. The catch is a copy of the kernel is required in RISCOS
as well as in RiscBSD which can awkward if you are compiling your own
kernels.

--
Mike Pumford   | Home: mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk