Subject: Re: Probs with UnixFS
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ben F. Jameson <ben@confusion.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/28/1997 18:44:44
On Tue 28 Jan, Ale Terlevich wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Juan Flynn wrote:
> > ps. Also, what would be the simplest way to stop RBSD from probing
> > the IDE bus for more than one harddrive. I have a Cumana IDE CD-ROM
> > installed (it's uses a little interface board plugged in between the
> > Hard Drive and the CD ROM unit (sort of a splitter unit but with a
> > few ICs on it). When I remove the board RiscBSD boots up fine, but when
> > it's there it hangs on bootup at the stage where it is listing
> > what is on the IDE bus.
> >

>   I have one too.  It doesn't affect the bootup, just gets ignored.

Interesting, I too have one of these drives and it causes no problems.
However I was installing RiscBSD on a friend's RiscPC last week which has
one of these drives, and it caused the machine to crash during bootup.

Recompiling the kernel without the second HD configured solved the problem.

The only obvious difference between the two was that my drive is Acorn
badged, his Cumana. I thought however that they were the same... (his is
not one of the Cumana drives supplied with the audio option).

--
Ben F. Jameson - mailto:ben@confusion.org
WWW: http://www.angelos.demon.co.uk/ben/index.html