Subject: Probs with UnixFS
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Juan Flynn <jjjuan@maths.tcd.ie>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/28/1997 15:44:39
I installed RiscBSD onto my RPC700 over christmas and after a
bit of a struggle to get it up and working it seems to be
going pretty well now.

Unfortunately I can't get unixfs to mount one of the RiscBSD
partitions. Every time I try I get the error message:

8

Bad Disklabel

Any ideas? Is this the same disklabel as the one set by the disklabel
utility under RiscBSD?

Thanks,
juan.

ps. Also, what would be the simplest way to stop RBSD from probing
the IDE bus for more than one harddrive. I have a Cumana IDE CD-ROM
installed (it's uses a little interface board plugged in between the
Hard Drive and the CD ROM unit (sort of a splitter unit but with a
few ICs on it). When I remove the board RiscBSD boots up fine, but when
it's there it hangs on bootup at the stage where it is listing
what is on the IDE bus.

  /|_   Juan Flynn
\/ |    jjjuan@maths.tcd.ie or juan@netsoc.tcd.ie