Subject: Re: german keys
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/27/1997 14:37:32
On Jan 27,  1:36pm, Marc Theisen wrote:
> Subject: german keys
> What are the procedures to install a german keyboard?

Right, there are different procedures for the kernel and X. Someone has
produced a patch to the kernel to handle German keyboards. For X you need to
use xmodmap (see manual page for details). This is something which is going to
change soonish when I roll out my new console code. I now have a kernel which
boots using the new console code and keyboard driver. There are currently a few
problems with it, however. I do not have a proper device allocation for my new
keyboard device; and autorepeat, <SHIFT> and <CAPS> all hang the machine.

Cheers

Rob