Subject: Re: sligthly confused
To: NetBSD port-arm32 <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/26/1997 01:09:29
On Sat, 25 Jan 1997, Markus Baeurle wrote:

> Oh no! Does this mean there's no way to get the second port working under
> RiscBSD? Does anybody know if RiscOS needs the interrupt? (I guess so.)
> I always wanted to try to fit the missing hardware to use this port.

Looking at the circuit diagram in the TRM the IRQ3 line is not wired to
anything. From what I can see from the SMC 37GT665 data sheetsyou cannot
reconfigure the combo chip to generate the second serial port interrupts
on the first serial port interrupt line (irq4).
I don't know if it is possible to wire or the two interrupt lines out of
the 655 but if you could that would mean that you could generate both
interrupts on the single irq line to the IOMD.

Has anyone tried utilising the second serial port before ?

Cheers,
				Mark