Subject: Installing problems...
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marc Theisen <arcmt@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/24/1997 10:39:11
Ok Freaks,

after formatting my brand new Quantum Fireball under RISC-OS 3.7
giving the ADFS partition 1.5GB and reserving the remaining 0.6GB
to RiscBSD I tried to follow the instructions in the file 'install'.
At first I exchanged my SA110 with my old 'bangered' ARM610 :-(
Then I followed the instructions printed out onto several white pages...
In the manual I encountered "... copy the kernels to the RiscBSD
directory ...". Ok, I decided to unzip any kernel I found. Later on,
coming up to the point to boot RiscBSD, at first everything seemed to
go well but then, after showing much a hardware information, the kernel
printed "Panic: Cannot load floppy image". The FB 2.1GB was recognized
during startup, also were my 16MB DRAM and 1MB VRAM. Some kernels also
recognized some type of CDROM (I use a Mitsumi 8x).
Maybe the following 'snapshots' will clarify my problem:

... <Hardware-Info>
wd0 <Harddisc-Info>
fd0 at fdc0 drive 1: density unknown
rd0 ...
swap dev 1009 -> -512 bytes
...<Debugging stuff>

At this stage, everything I could do was typing CTRL-D to reboot.

Ok, is it possible that RiscBSD does not understand my PC floppy drive?
I had to exchange my original HD-floppy with a standard PC drive and now
RISC-OS hangs for one second before doing the RAM-tests.

Help me please!!!

Thanks for answering,
Marc