Subject: RE: 1.2 release sets
To: None <P.D.Johnson@durham.ac.uk>
From: Martin Dann <PHAP017@vms.rhbnc.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/23/1997 10:48:01
From:	SMTP%"P.D.Johnson@durham.ac.uk" 22-JAN-1997 22:08:28.35

>I have just downloaded the x11base.* set. I now want to transfer them to
>1.44Mb DOS discs to take home with me. The problem is the files are about
>4k > 1,457,664 bytes in size which is what I can fit on a disc and what is
>recommended in the making-sets.txt. So have I done something wrong?
>
>If not how can I get them onto my RiscBSD partition. I really hope I have
>not just made a fool of myself. I know I could split the files but I am
>not sure how I would copy them across to RiscBSD and from there be able to
>join them back together again as I have only been using RiscBSD for a few
>days.

I haved this problem with netscape before, it sometimes converts line feeds to
a line feed and carrige return.   &0a to &0a&0d. with some files if also
changes " to /quot or somthing, it depends on the file extension.
It may be worth useing a FTP program instead.

It is also worth noting that VMS FTP adds a &00 character to the end of
each file. I had to go through be sets to remove this character from each file
except the last one in each set. RiscBSD seemed to ignore the &00 if it was on
the last disc.

Martin Dann                               M.DANN@VMS.RHBNC.AC.UK