Subject: Re: stupid question
To: Puneet Kumar <pkumar@pa.dec.com>
From: Ale Terlevich <A.I.Terlevich@durham.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/22/1997 11:12:36
> machine running RiscOS.  I am at the point where I have !gzip
> from hensa and I have a inst-12.fs.gz file but I can't seem to
> convince the system to decompress the file for me!  What are the
> magic mouse clicks required to achieve this?  I have tried selecting
> the /gz file and double clicking on the !gzip application icon etc. etc.

  Ok. Do you have a StrongARM card?  If so you may have to disable it's
cache to uncompress the file.

Press f12  (This gives you a command prompt)
type
cache off (Turns the CPU caches off)

then press return to reenter the desktop.

  If the filetype of the .gz file isn't gzip, make it so. (Middle mouse
button on the file brings up a menu)

  Double click on the gzip application to start it, this installs a gzip
icon on the icon bar. Just drag your .gz file over the gzip icon on the
icon bar, and voila!

  To turn your CPU cache back on, do the same as above, but type cache on
instead.

  Hope this helps!

Ale.