Subject: Re: time probs
To: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
From: Ale Terlevich <A.I.Terlevich@durham.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/22/1997 12:12:26
> >  I seem to be ahving problems with my real time clock
> >
> >   Every now and again it sets the year to 2000.
> > (Day number, month and time stay correct)
> Hi,
>   Hmmm not something I have seem ;-)does it always appear to be going
> wrong on the reboot rather than when you first boot ?
>
> I'll have a look at the appropraite code and see if I can spot anything
> wrong.

  Hmm.  Just did a little test.

   It actually appers to happen on shutdown.

Just did a shutdown, On booting into RiscOS I dtopped it at the
supervisor prompt, and low and behold, year was 2000 (It wasn't just
before I shut RiscBSD down)

  I tried to repeat it, but after 3 shutdown/reboots it hasn't repeated
itself.  Maybe it needs prolonged use before being shut down.

  I shall investigate further.

 Btw. I'm running a kernel compiled myself from sources I supped on
Monday, and the latest csc.o

  I have disabled

kshell,portmaster,gateway,hydra,mpsupport,asc,cosc,ptsc,oak,st,cd,uk,ss,
ea,eb,ie and pseudo devices sl and ppp

from the SA110 config file

and added csc.

Ale.