Subject: Re: New Kernel
To: RiscBSD List <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Duncan MacGregor <dmm20@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/20/1997 12:54:22
On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Mark Brinicombe wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Jan 1997, Ben Strawson wrote:
>

> > I've tried kernel 4922 on my machine (SA110, RiscBSD on 420Mb IDE, Cumana
> > SCSI (not used for RiscBSD), 24Mb RAM etc.)
> >
> > The floppy drive does not work still (I had the same problems as everyone
> > else reported).
>
> Ok I need some clarification here. I know of two problems that have been
> reported.
>
> 1. The floppy is not detected at probe time
> 2. The floppy reports lots of errors / disk corruption
>
> Neither of these problems effect my machine ;-)
>
> The floppy not being detected is an odd one. Neil (think it was him) had
> this problem for a while when he replaces his floppy drive. When he
> swapped the floppy drive again the problem disappears which made it look
> like it was related to particular floppy drives.
>
> Any more info etc would be helpful.

Just an idea about this. I had a similar problem because I had borrow a PC
floppy which had id one. RiscOS worked fine but RiscBSD couldn't find it.
If you can borrow a PC style twisted cable try that, it may well fix the
problem. Also check the little switch on the back of the floppy, they are
very easy to knock into the id one position.

TTFN, Duncan.