Subject: Re: New Kernel
To: RiscBSD <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cus.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/20/1997 09:29:40
Peter Burwood (19/1/97):
> Any chance of the new ps, w, kvm_mkdb and others appearing prebuilt ?

I second that.

I think more's behaviour has changed: I don't remember more file* padding
the screen with ~ a la vi before displaying the next file.

I also think that ls -l used to display the time as well, not just the date.

and later...
ffs_update: bad indirect addr (1): inode=96284 4194304/00400000 ip=f1588800 adr=f15888b0
inode vp: type VBLK, usecount 388, writecount 0, refcount 10,
        tag VT_UFS, ino 5836, on dev 16, 8
ffs_update: bad indirect addr patched inode=96284
...which I hadn't seen in a long time with the previous kernel, though
that may just be coincidence.

Mark Brinicombe (20/1/97):
> Ok I need some clarification here. I know of two problems that have been
> reported.
>
> 1. The floppy is not detected at probe time
> 2. The floppy reports lots of errors / disk corruption
>
> Neither of these problems effect my machine ;-)

Me neither - original floppy drive, probably earliest model.

Cheers,

 Patrick