Subject: Re: sligthly confused
To: None <Peter.Berg@ww.tu-freiberg.de>
From: None <dah103@york.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/19/1997 19:27:20
> Today I discovered a message during the boot phase that I can't explain:

> com0 at pioc0 base 0xf6210fe0-0xf6210fe7 irq 10: ns16550a, working fifo
> com1 at pioc0 base 0xf6210be0-0xf6210be7: ns16550a, working fifo
> ^^^^

> What device is com1 in the RiscPC ???
> As far as I know the RPC only has one serial port. If you don't agree, look
> at the backside of your RPC and count them ;)

The controller chip, however, has two.  Only one of them makes it to the
outside world, but there you go.  Sensible things like that never were
Acorn's strong point.

Dickon Hood.

Due to Windoze NiceTry, my .sig is out of order.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.
We apologise for the inconvenience.

By sending spam mailings to this address, you a: agree to receive 40MB of
random data, and b: agree to pay me 100UKP for the time spent in sending it.